Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

I enjoyed the long Labor Day weekend and read several books! I have a lot of students coming to the library this week so I am happy to have a few new titles to talk up.




Finished The Fifth Wave- Sci Fic title that I am looking forward to book talking.  I predict that this is a popular title this school year.









Loved After Ever After- great realistic fiction title with a male main character.  The age of the main character (8th grade) may make this a little hard to sell to my high school students.  So many students read The Fault in Our Stars this summer though that I think this will appeal to some. I enjoyed it...and cried.







Survive was a great adventure novel.  I read this almost in one sitting.  I look forward to book talking this one!  Wish it had a different cover because I think boys will like this story but not all boys will check out a book with this cover.









Quarantine: The Loners has circulated really well every since I put it out on the new book shelf last year.  I read it this weekend and enjoyed it.  This novel made me think of Lord of the Flies.





A book that all librarians should read!  I am now on a mission to prevent readicide.  I feel very fortunate to work in a school where free choice reading is valued.  



No comments:

Post a Comment